Don’t have time for long explanations? Here are the facts you need for a Quick Start on the GED® route to getting a recognised Grade 12 equivalent.
Take the fast track to reach your goals!
Your success is our goal!
QUICK FACTS ABOUT THE 2014 GED®
- The GED® is considered to be a grade 12 equivalent.
- It is recognised in South Africa by SAQA and Universities SA.
- The minimum age to write the GED® is age 16.
- A South African ID or passport is required at test centres.
- Choose your own test dates for each of four subjects, yes, only four! No Afrikaans. All tests in English. The subject list is below.
- No deadlines for writing all tests by a given date. Less stress.
- Choose a test centre near you.
- All the study materials is provided online.
- You need a laptop, tablet or desktop computer with internet access to use the online GED® course.
The GED® tests four subjects:
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Reasoning Through Language Arts
- Social Studies
Candidates must pass all 4 subjects to earn their GED® credential.
QUICK START STEPS TO GET YOUR GED®
- Enrol with OnlineGED.co.za and start your online classes (R2 300). Pay, email us, START!
- Study until the online GED Academy™ programme shows you have reached beyond “Passing Level” in each of the four subjects.
- Book your tests online
- Write each test on computer at a test centre near you.
- Apply online for a hard copy of your results
Enrol now and take the first step on the fast-track to success!