Don’t have time for long explanations? Here are the facts you need for a Quick Start on the GED® route to getting a recognised Grade 12 equivalent*.
Your success is our goal!
QUICK FACTS ABOUT THE 2014 GED®
- The GED® is considered to be a grade 12 equivalent*.
- It is recognised in South Africa by SAQA*.
- The minimum age to write the GED® is age 16.
- A South African ID or passport is required at test centres.
- Choose your own test dates for each of four subjects! No Afrikaans test. All tests in English. The subject list is below.
- No deadlines for writing all tests by a given date. Less stress.
- Choose a test centre near you – the nearest branch of Boston City Campus & Business College
- All the study materials are provided online. The course is self-paced.
- Enrolment is for 12 months at a time starting anytime of year. It can be renewed for another year for students who need more time to study and prepare for the tests.
- You need a laptop, tablet or desktop computer with internet access to use the online GED® course.
The GED® tests four subjects:
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Reasoning Through Language Arts
- Social Studies
Candidates must pass all 4 subjects to earn their GED® credential.
Once we receive your payment, we will activate your account on the online system and email you your login and password to access Essential Education’s GED Academy™ online classes. The access license is purchased for one calendar year non-stop from the date of activation and once activated it is not refundable or transferable to another student.
QUICK START STEPS TO GET YOUR GED®
- Enrol with OnlineGED.co.za and start your online classes (R2 300 per annum). Pay, email us, START!
- Study until the online GED® study programme shows you have reached beyond “Passing Level” in each of the four subjects.
- Book your tests online
- Write each test on computer at a test centre near you.
- Apply online for a hard copy of your results
Enrol now and take the first step towards your future success!
* SAQA (the South African Qualifications Authority) has evaluated the GED® and found the National Senior Certificate as its closest comparable qualification. SAQA evaluates each submission of a foreign qualification on a case by case basis and therefore students with a GED® are eligible for SAQA Foreign Qualification evaluation.
There is no guarantee that a GED® graduate will be issued with a letter of foreign conditional exemption from USAf, nor that a South African university will accept his/her application.
Many overseas universities accept the GED® for admission purposes and offer highly regarded degree programmes. South African GED® graduates who wish to enrol for degree study do have the option to consider overseas online university degrees.